Sean Rivera - Head Trainer, Owner
The birth of my professional career began with an important phone call. The call came from the chair of the Criminal Justice Department during my junior year at The College of New Jersey. The Chair asked me if I had interest in doing an internship with New Jersey State Police K-9 Unit as part of a requirement for graduation. My answer was simple, where and when do I get started. From an early age, I loved dogs and knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Working closely with Lieutenant and Police K9 handler Anne Marie Grant, I completed the internship. Shortly after, I started my own business as a professional dog trainer.
I am the founder and CEO of Absolute K-9, a full service dog training company located in Sellersville, Pa. We have successfully serviced our community, dog sport professionals and enthusiasts, as well as law enforcement for over 15 years! I am currently competitive in the sport of IPO. Some of my highlights include:
- 17+ years experience in IPO dog sport
- Graduate New Jersey State Police K-9 Unit Intern Program
- Training director, Trial & Training Helper, Police K9 Instructor
- 3x IPO Handler Owned Trained
- North Eastern Regional Championship Helper Front Half (1999)
- 2x New England Regional Champion (2008, 2009)
- 4x Consecutive AWMA IPO3 National Championship High Female (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- 2x Vice National Champion H.O.T AWMA & WDC (2009, 2012)
- AWMA Vice National Champion 2009
- 8x World Team Qualifier FMBB & FCI (2009-2013)
- 5x World Team Member FMBB & FCI (2011-2013)
- AWMA National H.O.T. Champion 2011
- 4x World Team Member FMBB & FCI (2011-2012)
- FMBB Nieuwpoort, Belgium World Championship 5th Overall (2011)
- FMBB Rocca Priora, Italy World Championship 6th Overall (2012)
- FH1 100 Points Alpha K9 Schutzhund Club 5/27/2012
- Highest Scoring Obedience of any US competitor overseas
- FCI Zalaegerszeg, Hungary World Championship 13th Overall (2012)
- FCI Zalaegerszeg, Hungary World Championship High Obedience in Trial - 99 points
- AWMA National H.O.T. Champion 2012
Jayme Vika - Assistant Trainer
For as long as I can remember, a passion for animals has been a driving force in my life, to put it mildly. It began as a strong interest in the family pets, to an unusual interest in the neighbor’s pets, and would cultivate into an utter infatuation with most four-legged beings. I was a bona fide dog walker by the age of 7 and knew every dog in the neighborhood. This fascination with animals quickly expanded to include horses, which would become my focus for many years to follow. I began riding at the age of 8, and ultimately wouldn’t work a job that didn’t involve horses for the next 12 years. I was a serious rider/competitor, barn hand, and all around enthusiast, riding any horse I was permitted to and studying under any trainer that would take the time to teach me. My time spent away from the barn was agonizing, and I was relieved to learn that I could take my passion to another level by studying horses in college. I earned a degree in Equine Studies at Delaware Valley College, which encompassed detailed education in all facets of the horse world, including barn management, breeding, and training. During this time, I focused my attention on Dressage, and was privileged to have studied under the most admirable instructors. I also spent time working as an assistant to a Grand Prix Dressage rider, which was one of my proudest accomplishments as a rider.
However, my love for the canine never stopped. In 2004, I began a full service pet sitting business, and had also taken a job professionally grooming dogs in one of the finest shops in the Philadelphia area, where I would work for almost 10 years. In the summer of 2006, I decided to purchase a German Shepherd puppy, with the intent of dedicating as much time as necessary to raising her to be the ultimate companion. Little did I know, this decision would drastically alter my life path. About a year into my adventures with my shepherd, Dani, I found Sean Rivera and began training her for IPO dog sport. In the following years I would go on to title her through IPO 3, with the highest scores and accompanying honors. I also took an increasingly active role in our dog sport club, as well as Absolute K-9, and soon became an assistant to Sean in any dog training endeavor. Now an integral part of Absolute K-9, I am still eagerly learning as a student and assistant, currently training a young Malinois in IPO, and grateful for any opportunity to advance in my dog training profession. I am learning from who I consider to be the best dog trainer in the world, and I am honored to be his most accomplished student (and girlfriend).
© Copyright 2012-14 Absolute K-9 All rights reserved.